Blackline GPS is pleased to announce several enhancements to the Alert Setup and Alert Management pages of the Loner Portal, effective April 8, 2014. The new Alert Setup page will allow you to enter and manage your information emergency response protocol and emergency contact.
Please take a few minutes to read the following information, as these changes require action on your part.
Starting today, you can preview and confirm the changes we’ve made as we migrate your data to the new alert management page. You must confirm these changes before April 8, 2014, the date on which the new structure will become active and will be used to manage your alerts.
• Alert management profile: This drives alarm events to the main web page, sends alerts to third-party monitoring centers (if you use this service).
• Notification profile: This profile is for informational emails about your employees, but not for alerts that need to be managed or responded to. This should be used for things like login and logout messages, and low battery alerts that you don’t want a monitoring center to act on.
• Response protocol: This is a text field that prescribes actions to take when an alert is generated. It is not necessary to include names or phone numbers, as long as the emergency response contact information (see below) is completed.
• Emergency Response Contacts: Specific names/phone numbers to call in case of emergency. When an alert is generated, this information is sent to third-party monitoring centers.
What’s going to happen ?
Blackline manages the transition of your alert management profiles.
Until April 8, 2014, there are no functional changes to the way your alerts are sent. During this period, the new alert structure will be visible and you can make changes to it. Please note that any changes you make will take effect after April 8, 2014.
Once we activate the new alert management profiles, the old alert profiles will be deactivated but will be available for your reference in view-only mode until May 6, 2014.
What do you need to do
1. Log in to your Loner Portal account at https://live.blacklinesafety.com/sign-in
2. Check the new alert profiles in place in your account
3. Click “confirm” at the bottom of the alert profile page to confirm that you understand these changes
Please take a moment to explore the new alert management enhancements and watch the demo video below:
For questions and assistance with setting up your new Alert Management profile, please contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to your satisfaction and value your feedback. We will do everything we can to make your product experience a positive one.
As always, thank you for choosing Blackline GPS.
the Blackline GPS team.