XANTHI, THRACE, GREECE, Jan. 14, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — To create a website and access a website, select the server where it will be located. The servers are provided by web hosting companies – and if one is new to this, the following guide will help them.
Start by understanding what web hosting really is, why it’s important, and what to look for in a web hosting provider. All need to know a few basic details in order to receive the best deal and hosting package.
Fortunately, it’s not the end of the world. People are constantly switching web hosting providers for various reasons. Some people are just not happy with the speed or quality of their content delivery systems. Others find the same quality of service at a lower price or with more convenient payment terms.
Confronted more or less with this kind of problems? Look for a better web hosting company. However, moving a site can seem like a daunting task. This guide will explain terminology, issues, and procedures, with five step-by-step instructions to get you started with confidence.
1. Find a new web hosting provider – Take the time to research some web hosting providers before deciding on a new service. Access online reviews and customer reviews, find out what kind of offers other web hosting providers have, their pricing schemes, server configurations, SSL, and more.
When looking for a suitable new supplier, consider that at some point in the future it might also change. For this reason, it is recommended that the domain be registered with a third-party provider, because this way, each time, the domain will not be affected.
The recommended web hosting provider, MyIP, has a special deal for website owners that includes a FREE domain name. If they are not satisfied with their services, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
2. Locate and download the website – The next step is to determine where the previous host stored the site. Also, the site may use more databases, so if possible, get backups of them. Once the files are found, upload them to be ready to give them to the next host.
3. Export Site Database – As mentioned earlier, if the site uses additional databases for purposes such as storing visitor data or managing forms, get and export them. The process may vary depending on the database, so it is best to work out these details with the previous web hosting provider. The web hosting provider usually offers phpMyAdmin as a tool to manage both web database export and import.
In cPanel hosting, exporting a database is not that complicated. Use phpMyAdmin which is a usual part of every cPanel. Don’t let strange names, files and databases put you off trying, even if you don’t understand everything, try to do it alone.
4. Download the website and enter the database – As with the export, edit the details on the new server. If the database was exported to SQL, use MySQL to import the site into the new hosting account. It’s not really that complicated regardless of the tools used and it’s usually something that web hosting providers do themselves.
When using a static website, setting everything up on a new server is as easy as uploading files. In one of the previous steps, all files had to be downloaded from the previous host. In this case, upload these files to the html public folder of the new MyIP account by choosing one of the two simple options to upload the new files.
5. Test the website – Once the transfer is complete and the databases are imported, test the website. The best way to do this is to use a temporary URL. This allows access to the website even when the domain name does not appear on the new server.
To find the temporary URL, log in to the account administration panel. Then click on “Technical account details”. Once logged in, there should be a section called Temp. URL, with the temporary URL displayed alongside. Then just visit that URL and check out the website.
Let the MyIP support team handle the transfer to the new web hosting provider – You don’t know how to transfer to the new web hosting provider, or you just don’t have time to try such techniques? Leave everything in the skilled hands of MyIP professionals.
Relax, take a walk or soak up the sun, while the support team does everything for the website. MyIP can forward the website to any chosen server. The support team will take care of all the files, databases, and anything else needed to keep the website working and looking like the old one.
One of the main advantages is that there is no risk. Get ready to start migrating website hosting to MyIP, their experts know what they are doing. Switching to a new web hosting provider is not a big deal. There are a few potential issues, but nothing that cannot be fixed in time. If you are not satisfied with the current web hosting provider, do not hesitate to find another one. This guide will help you through the process with minimal downtime and discomfort.
MyIP-Works OE network
+30 21 5215 4722
Visit us on social media:
WEBSITE HOSTING – WHAT YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO WHEN BUYING A HOSTING PACKAGE